Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Low Budget Christmas

Whoever determined that the day after Thanksgiving marks the start of the Christmas season I would like to meet and shake them into convulsions. Between listening to country holiday "classics" for my job throughout college to the lame ass smooth jazz covers of Christmas standards playing on repeat at Palisade these days I just can't get away! The Low Budget crew out of the DMV has dropped off a little something to help those of you like me who don't want to listen to your typical holiday music - bang this and I'm sure you won't be getting called a scrooge for turning off the radio.

Full of fresh tunes from the likes Kev Brown, Oddisee, Roddy Rod, Kambir & yU most of the cuts are just slow burning grooves that feature some sleigh bells at times or a melody from a traditional song flipped only how these cats do. Get in the holiday spirit and download this!

No comments:

Post a Comment