Friday, August 27, 2010

Nosaj Thing "Coat of Arms" x Big K.R.I.T. "Somedayz"

Nosaj Thing - Coat of Arms from rovote on Vimeo.

Nosaj Thing makes cerebral tunes for your mind to get opened to. His 09 album on Alpha Pup, Drift, was an awesome journey through contorted electronics. "Coat of Arms" was one of my favorites upon first hearing it and now listening once again I can remember why Thing was getting so much praise towards the end of the year.

The visuals are a little creepy but I like their rhythmic movement with the song. I guess that would probably be the point if you aren't gonna have actors in your clip.



For what I believe is Big K.R.I.T.'s first video, we hear him rocking over the classic "93 Til'" sample. The calendar shots where each day turns into a different image of Krit rapping is pretty clever and everything about this video pushes the idea of the song forward. Complete ideas put into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment