Wednesday, March 10, 2010

He's Dead, He's Fucking Dead! Now Maybe my Sister Can Move On With Her Life

Suprise, Suprise, Corey Haim died of a drug overdose. He was 38 and a drug addict for over 20 years so I think instead of mourning his death we celebrate the fact that he spent over 20 YEARS as a drug addict. The average life span for a junkie is 15-20 YEARS and Mr. Haim beat the odds and pulled it off. Corey I salute you.

Honestly though, I enjoy many of his early films and will have to go back and watch them. I found escapism in his nerd turned caddy rollin bad boy in License to Drive, and scared the shit out of myself watching Corey and the Frog Brothers take on Vampire Keifer in Lost Boys. I really enjoyed making fun of Dream a Little Dream, Double O Kid, Fast Getaway, et al.

Corey I will miss that fresh faced kid with the oversized tongue, and your dealer will miss the fat faced addict with the oversized ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment